Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Know Your Role!

*originally composed on 9-1-08*

If this post had a soundtrack, it would have to be I Anoint Myself by Pam Kenyon and Fred Hammond (found on the WOW Gospel 2001 album).


I question God... a lot. That may sound blasphemous coming from a self-proclaimed Christian but can I just keep it real? I often wonder what plan God is unfolding before my eyes when things just don't seem right/fair/sensible. I have so many questions floating around in my mind, I don't even know what to say right now.

This is just me needing to 'vent', I guess. Every now and then, I get a little bent out-of-shape and my faith takes a beating. Then I realize that God owes me NOTHING! No explanation, no grace, no forgiveness... nada. This recurring revelation usually comes from the book of Job. Chapter 38 [NIV] shows God's interestingly sarcastic answer to all of Job's--and my own--whining; The Message translation sounds especially stank by breaking it down in contemporary English. God checks him like this: 
Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation?... Have you ever given orders to the morning, or shown the dawn its place? ... Have you comprehended the vast expanses of the earth? Tell me, if you know all this... Surely you know, for you were already born! You have lived so many years!
Ummm, wow.... It's like the Most High just basically gave Job a divine taste of the Rock's catch-phrase: Know your role... and shut your mouth! At this point, all I have to do is ruminate on the Scripture and it puts me back in check.
But back to Job. The man was blameless--precisely why he was chosen to be an 'example'. Throughout all of his outcries of anguish, he remained righteous in God's eyes. When will I gain the type of faith to say Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him... I know, I know--I gotta EARN that type of faith, because it's impossible to please God without it.

*sigh* So here I go. After a nice, hot serving of God's sarcasm, it's time for me to woman-up and get back to the good fight of faith! The enemy NEVER takes a day off... as children of the Most High, neither can we afford to.

Stay blessed,
pVI

No comments:

Post a Comment