Friday, July 01, 2011

Fling Chune FRIDAY: Get Loose

*whew* What a looooonnnnnng week! I haven't been this excited to see another Friday since... last Thursday night. LOL  But I'm especially krunk today because of the upcoming holidays--that's right, I said holidayS with an "S"! Here in the U.S. Virgin Islands, we celebrate the 4th of July (because this is an American territory) but we also celebrate Emancipation day on July 3rd... our emancipation from slavery in 1848, that is. Here's some background info for the history buffs.

What does all that have to do with today's chune? I'm so glad you asked! ;o) I'm flingin' Get Loose by Trip Lee of the 116 Clique because it's just too appropriate. This holiday weekend, I'll be meditating on emancipation of a territory and independence of a nation but this track celebrates the spiritual freedom that we have in Christ. Can I get a "AMEN" someboday?!?!! *wheeze* [Yeah, I didn't even try to resist that one! LOL]  But as the track kicks off with Galatians 5:1, it's a reminder that ALL bondage was broken by Jesus and we are free to meet our fullest potentials! Now if that don't make ya wanna shake it up, this gospel banger definitely will!


Get LOOSE--and have a blessed weekend!

Image credit: http://www.hiphopjamz.com

No comments:

Post a Comment