Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Stuck in a rut

Dear journal blog [that is publicly visible on the internet]:

I think I need an intervention. Lately, things have been duller than a baby spoon--you know, the kind that's rubber-coated so it won't cut the baby's toothless gums. Yeah, that.  I'm not old enough to be having a mid-life crisis, so can I call it a "late-late-20s imbroglio"?  Mmmmm, imbroglio... love the way that rolls off the tongue!  Sounds kinda like a decadent Italian dessert; except it actually means:

1. a misunderstanding, disagreement, etc., of a complicated or bitter nature, as between persons or nations.
2. an intricate and perplexing state of affairs; a complicated or difficult situation.
3. a confused heap.
That sounds just about right!

Can I be real with you? Like, seriously?? *sigh*  I am SO over this place in my life and ready to move on, already!! It feels like--what's that movie?--where the same day is re-lived over, and over, and over, and over again. For me, it's more like nothing significant has changed in the last couple of years and I'm just simply existing. That's it. Nothing exciting or noteworthy comes my way anymore; just the same ol'...whatever.  I can't help feeling like I'm running on a hamster wheel when I should be driving a Kia Soul. Umm, no not really, but this gets the point across:


Ohh-tayy, that's my unintentional plug for Kia rant for now. I stayed up WAYYY too late to write this and I'ma be a sleepy wreck at work *yawn* but I just felt the need to vent. Just another day on the wheel....

No comments:

Post a Comment