Friday, November 18, 2011

Fling Chune FRIDAY: Set Me Free

TGIF, y'all! Hope everyone had a great week. Mine was fairly decent. In fact, I had the pleasure of speaking at a junior high school for their career day... I know, I couldn't believe I even agreed to do it! But it went much better than I expected! The students were (generally) polite, they asked a lot of questions and here's what one girl said:

Her: Were you popular in high school?
Me:  Not really. I had a handful of friends but I wasn't cool with everybody.
Her: Oh... because you're so pretty. *walks away*

Needless to say, that made my week! :o)

Moving right along... to the music! *chune* Now, I'm not really into rock but as a music aficionado, it's in my blood to appreciate all genres in some form or another.  I was introduced to this chune last week but some of you will probably wonder what rock I was under when this song came out years ago.  But age notwithstanding, Set Me Free by Casting Crowns is pretty darn awesome.  I love the piercing quality of the lead vocalist's tone--it's just draws you in and keeps you there until the last note! And here's the kicker: there's an awesome dramatization to go with it.  I don't know which group did it, but it gives my goosebumps goosebumps every time I watch.

I hope you get some too. Be blessed!
pVI

P.S. The creator of the video decided to have an elaborate intro... the actual song/skit starts at 0:26.


No comments:

Post a Comment