Monday, July 29, 2013

All hail the homewrecker!

So it seems to be a "thing" now, where side-piece status has become waaaay glamorous. It's, like, cool to roll up in OPP... then ultimately become legit. You know, peeps like Angelina Jolie, Alicia Keys, Gabrielle Union and, most recently, the scandalous Olivia Pope.  I'll admit that there's nothing new under the sun, and infidelity didn't show up on the scene yesterday [cue Prince Charles].  But somehow, it's like women--who are usually the 'victims' of an unfaithful partner--have become cheerleaders of other women who are breaking up relationships... all in the name of "true love".  For the record, I am fully aware that women do their share of dirt but the odds are that pretty much in favor of the man stepping out. #dontshootthemessenger
 
I see it online all the time: comments from women about how 'he' and 'she' are so in love, they are an amazing couple, and were truly meant to be... never mind that 'she' met 'him' in an established relationship.  It was maybe less than a generation ago that society used to shun them for their dastardly deeds and the term "homewrecker" was reserved just for the type of women who are now treated like pop-culture rockstars.   This really amazes me because I'm a stickler for little things called vows and commitment.
 
Don't get it twisted, though... I'm not letting the men off the hook! A home can't be wrecked without TWO willing participants and these men are just as much to blame.  So what if they fell out of love with their partners? Particularly for those who were married, that man stood before God, family and loved ones to declare their love and commitment, for better or worse.  Tough times in a relationship are NO EXCUSE for infidelity, but I also know that some people just aren't meant to be together. But here's how I feel: a divorce or complete breakup should be in effect before entertaining any other interests--I don't care how evil, manipulative, boring, unattractive, etc a partner becomes!!
 
So to anyone who has encouraged an illegitimate relationship for the sake of chemistry, compatibility, happiness, or 'real love', just ask yourself how you would feel if it happened to you. I wouldn't' wish that kind of betrayal on anyone simply because I never want to experience it myself. I don't care how happy and fulfilled those couples may seem  now, God and/or karma will have the final say.  Call me a hater if ya want but it is what it is.
 
#rantover

No comments:

Post a Comment