Friday, May 04, 2012

Fling Chune FRIDAY: Hey Now

Thank the Lord for yet another Friday!  How y'all doin'?  Me?  I'm good.  I had an interesting week, and it's not over yet; but two things really stood out.  First, I got to see my old flame after a couple of years... yep the same one.  He's still a great guy; we're still friends; there's still some 'tension' (at least on my part); I was reminded of both why I love[d] him and why we couldn't stay together.  That's about it in a nutshell.  I could say more--and I wish I did when I saw him--but it is what it is.

Shortly thereafter, with a mixed sense of conflict and closure, I took the giant step of embracing my impending 30-ness (yeah, I really did just make that up).  Reading and talking to friends who've crossed that threshold have reassured me that it's not the end of the world; just the end of an old chapter and the beginning of a new one.  And to commemorate that epiphany, I pulled it together and decided to make a trip to visit some of my girls and have a celebration fit for the new woman I'm about to become.

This week's chune is something of a celebratory anthem for what I got through with 'him', and what I hope to take on with my upcoming birthday.  I wanted something funky, grown, and with some 'oomph' to it, but still reflected my faith--enter Lisa McClendon, yet again. Hey Now is a feel-good jam that isn't too deep and gives you something catchy to nod ya head to.  So nod on, y'all!

Stay blessed,
pVI


No comments:

Post a Comment